This is it, y’all. Time to countdown! The last few days, and my last FriYAY in Peru. It’s been 46 days of ups and downs so far, but a really amazing experience. And now there’s only five days left. I’m really excited to get home and see my loved ones, but man, it sucks to be leaving. If it weren’t for my family being so far away, I think I could easily spend six months at a time here. The pace is relaxing and I’m able to focus on work in a way I never have before. My goal when I get back will be to channel the atmosphere I found here and strive to reach toward that level of work and productivity at home.
P.S. This song makes me giddy. Like dance in public happy.
#Girlboss week in review…
- Well, I came down with food poisoning this week. It was the first time I’ve ever had food poisoning and it was as bad as I expected it would be for me (I have a strong stomach so it could have been way worse!). I got sick last Thursday night and spent all of Friday through Sunday in bed.
- BUT one of the big projects I alluded to was finalized on Friday when I had a bit of energy!
- I spent a lot of time reflecting on what I learned and made a few lists of takeaways and things to keep working on moving forward.
- And I got to add a line item to my CV.
- The countdown is FIVE days!
In case you missed it…
- Get your fashion formulas here! The second Spring formula of 2017 went live on Monday, you can check it out here! And don’t forget, if you subscribe to the Chic in Seconds newsletter, you get the formulas all the way at the beginning of the season.
- The first Wednesday of the month means one thing, #WorkoutWednesday. This month I shared 3 of my favorite workouts to do while traveling. Check them out here!
Shop this weekend…
- Get 50% select items in store and online at Vera Bradley through Sunday. No code needed!
- Asos has so many pretty spring dresses right now. And you can get 10% off $125 with RetailMeNot’s exclusive code – get it here!
- White House Black Market (one of my favorite work wear stores) is offering 40% select markdowns with code 85469 through the 16th or get $20 off $80 off full priced items with free shipping with code 63524.
- I’m a fan of good content produced by good women. That’s why I love blogs and binge YouTube videos. I also love a good podcast. And Camille Styles shared a round up of five I can’t wait to give a listen to!
- The final countdown has begun (you’re welcome for getting that stuck in your head now! ;P), and I’m excited to get back to wearing something other than leggings and men’s t-shirts. Not that I don’t love them, but it’s time for change! This look from Shauna at Lipgloss and Lace has me inspired!
- Finally, a productivity tip I haven’t heard before – in any form! Okay, so the first and last tips are the usual in this Career Girl Daily post. But the middle one? I’m so easily distracted as it is, so turning that hourly (-ish) distraction into a reflective moment is brilliant. I’ll probably make it every 1.5 hours – but I’ll update you in the Chic in Seconds newsletter if it works!
How was your week? Do you have a countdown for anything special??