Happy Friday, ladies! I hope you all had a wonderful week! I’m starting to come down with something, probably a cold, but it isn’t too bad to stop work. Good thing, too, because it’s crunch time. I’m sub-30 days left in Peru and there is still so much to do! I’m a big fan of using the Pomodoro technique to stay on task when I’m working on multiple projects. It allows me to devote a certain amount of time to one task and then switch gears into another before I feel worn out. How do you tackle a hefty to do list?
#Girlboss week in review…
- Late last Thursday night, we got on a bus to Lima for a special meeting that we had been working on for awhile. Afterward, we spent the weekend playing tourist in the city. The Catacombs were amazing. It’s like a bioarchaeologists dream come true.
- On Sunday, Ivanna left and we took a bus back to the province.
- Tuesday’s news is really what kick started crunch time, we got the go-ahead to start a major project that we can’t talk about yet. But suffice to say, it’s big and it’s amazing. Hopefully this illness won’t get in the way.
In case you missed it…
- This was one of my favorite weeks of posts. On Monday, I shared my top 7 minute or less masks you can do at home. Oh, I love them all. Check it out here.
- Wednesday I tackled a big important topic: women in STEM. I took the three major arguments I still hear about why women aren’t good enough for the industry and showed why those arguments are actually prove that Girl’s Rule STEM.
Shop this weekend…
- Get 30% off at Macy’s through the 19th with code VIP!
- I don’t see Net-A-Porter sales all too often, and through Sunday, they’re offering 10% off with code SPRING.
- Sooo.. I might be ordering a new comforter this weekend. Get 40% at Edie Bower through the 20th with code CLOVER!
- I’ve mentioned this before, but budgeting is a big goal of mine this year. It’s not something I’ve ever been good at so it’s been challenging, but rewarding. I really enjoyed this Everygirl article that includes 5 tips for holding yourself to your budget. If you’re struggling, I recommend you check it out!
- I’m secretly obsessed with photography backdrops. I think they’re just the coolest thing ever. So this DIY fringe (another obsession) tissue backdrop from Oh, Happy Day is right up my alley!
- When I’m not researching isotopes or forensics, I’ve been doing a ton of research on branding. I crave consistency and patterns in my life, so I definitely appreciate a well designed brand. Elle & Co (a growing favorite of mine) posted an article about 28 collateral products for your brand that made me positively giddy.
What was the best part of YOUR week? Share below!