Happy Fri-YAY! I hope you ladies had a wonderful week! Can you believe February is over? My mind is just blown. February is one of those months that totally throws me off. It’s got so few days and being so early in the year always makes me feel like time is passing way too quickly. And it is. But you know, not horribly so. I mean, I just breaking the 40 mark on days left in Peru and I had expected it to feel like it was passing much faster. Anyway, check out this week’s favorites!
#Girlboss week in review…
- Later in the afternoon last Thursday I went to the lab for the first time. It’s definitely nothing like CSI, maybe a little Indiana Jones, but it’s what works and I love it. Sure if we were running DNA, a perfectly shiny lab would be essential. But as an archaeology lab, the more ancient pottery and boxes of artifacts stacked 20 feet high, the better.
- On Tuesday we got in our “participant observation,” which is just a fancy way of saying we joined the party! It’s Carneval season. It started on Saturday and the party just went on and on until Tuesday. Our neighborhood had their Yunza celebration Tuesday night. There was so much dancing and drinking, I went to UCSB and I couldn’t even keep up! And it was really amazing to watch the culture I read about come to life in front of me.
- And for most of the week I have been reading like crazy! I haven’t had time to catch up with the latest research in so long so it’s been amazing to just hang out in bed with a cup of coffee and learn so much. My mind is buzzing with research ideas.
In case you missed it…
- On Monday I shared a review of Hask’s Chia Seed Oil line. Check it out here!
- And on Wednesday we celebrated #WorkoutWednesday with a post about my favorite fitness YouTube channels!
Shop this weekend…
- Nike is offering an additional 20% of clearance with code TAKE20 through the 5th so get on that!
- Use SWIM10 to get $10 off $40 of women’s or juniors swimwear at Kohl’s through March 6th.
- Or get 40% everything at Loft with code NEWNOW through the 6th!
- This DIY ring handled bag is the cutest thing ever. Learn how to make it at A Pair & A Spare.
What’s your favorite thing of the week?